Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Creating Reality?



I love these historical installation photos from the American Museum of Natural History of their permanent and temporary exhibits. It's so rare to see the half-hung bones and skeletal armatures of what are really quite bizarre displays when you think about it. I've always been fascinated by the dioramas and displays at natural history museums, so these photos give a glimpse behind the scenes of installations that would be at home in a gallery of Surrealist or conceptual art. Plus they're just plain mystical.

By way of the Pruned blog, which I highly recommend in general for interesting news about landscape, the environment and natural history.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you: I love the Pruned blog.

Yours is cool, too.

Glad I found you via a google alert for "Pruned".